Atomicwork is an early-stage startup looking to make a dent in the world of employee experience. Our team is building impactful products that will make it easy for employees and internal teams like IT, HR, and Finance to work together.
We’re looking for an experienced platform integration engineer to join our team and help us expand the capabilities of our workflow platform through various integrations. This is a hybrid position based out of our Chennai or Bangalore locations. We offer competitive pay, equity, and practical benefits for you and your family.
If this sounds interesting to you, read on.
Why we are different (culture)
As one of the early employees of Atomicwork, you’ll have the opportunity to shape our company's vision and every part of the business, from idea to production. We also set the bar high with our cultural values, which helps us create a better workplace for everyone.
- Autonomy: We give people the space to grow independently and enable them to do the best work of their lives with passion and humility.
- Trust: We believe in the good intentions of our colleagues and go into every conversation with respect and trust.
- Optimism: We strive to be positive even in the face of adversity and take on any challenge without fearing failure.
- Mastery: We're dedicated to continuously improving our product, business, and capabilities along the way.
- Impact: We are always looking to do not just great work but great work that can impact our company’s success.
- Curiosity: We like asking questions, learning something new daily, and helping each other gain new perspectives.
What we're looking for (qualifications)
We are not big on formal qualifications, and we value hands-on skills. We also enjoy working with people looking to learn new things and have a sense of responsibility toward their work.
- Experience: 3-5 years of hands-on experience working with complex and distributed software applications.
- Development Skills: Proficiency in developing applications from scratch, demonstrating your ability to build robust and scalable solutions.
- Java Expertise: Strong expertise in Java, Spring Boot, and Hibernate.
- Database Fundamentals: Solid understanding of database fundamentals, including caching, query optimization, and indexing, with a preference for experience with PostgreSQL.
- Integration Skills: Experience working with APIs, Platforms, and microservices architecture.
- Cloud Knowledge: General familiarity with AWS or any public cloud infrastructure.
- Communication Skills: Strong communication skills, including the ability to document and present design/implementation ideas effectively.
- Troubleshooting: Proficiency in troubleshooting and debugging large codebases.
- Passion for Learning: A natural curiosity and a passion for learning and staying updated with emerging technologies.
- Workflow Experience: Previous experience with workflow management systems.
- Integration Track Record: Proven track record of working on enterprise-grade integrations.
What you'll do (responsibilities)
We’re looking for experienced individual contributors who’ve worked on large-scale products before, and we expect you to ramp up quickly and help us launch our products.
- System Design: Design and develop highly performant and available distributed systems that enhance our workflow platform.
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with product managers and designers, working in tandem with fellow engineers to contribute to the product roadmap.
- Integration Development: Create native integrations that seamlessly integrate into our workflows, enhancing the platform's functionality.
- iPaaS Expertise: Leverage your expertise to work on an iPaaS (Integration Platform as a Service) to develop and expand integrations further.
- Tooling: Develop essential internal tooling to facilitate and improve various aspects of our platform.
- Innovation: Continuously explore and implement innovative solutions to drive the growth and efficiency of our workflow platform.
What we offer (compensation and benefits)
We are big on benefits that make sense to you and your family.
- Fantastic team —the #1 reason why everybody joins us.
- Hybrid work — balance between working from the office and home.
- Convenient offices — well-located offices spread five different cities.
- Flexible work timings — you get to decide how you want to work.
- Paid time off — Unlimited sick leaves and 24 days off every year.
- Health insurance — comprehensive health coverage for your entire family.
- Great hardware — premium Apple hardware for to help you do your best work.
- Flexible allowances — with hassle-free reimbursements across spends.
- Team events — we cover team meet ups, and celebrations for milestones.
- Annual outings — for everyone to have fun together.
What next (applying for this role)
- Click here to get started with your application.
- Answer a few questions about yourself and your work.
- Wait to hear from us about the next steps.
Do you have anything else to tell us, or don’t see an open role that fits you? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what’s on your mind.